Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finishing touches

After an afternoon of studying I thought I'd relax a bit behind my sewing machine. I still had some finishing touches to do on the baby toys, sew a few filling holes for the stuffing in the blocks and machine sew the crinkle label toys together so it feels nicer (or the fabric and crinkly foil feel like 2 different layers...)
I did one and I thought it might be nice if I used some embroidery stitches on my machine. I tested a few and went on with the label toys until my sewing machine stopped! It had made a whole bundle of thread at the back and was starting to eat up the fabric. Oh no! This is when 'relaxing' behind my sewing machine became not so relaxing. I cleaned the everything I could reach, rethreaded it three times, meanwhile calling my mum because it had been hers so maybe she knew what to do, then changed needles and it didn't help! I could figure out what was wrong with it and agreed that my mum would take it to the shop for a checkup. Then after dinner I tried again and it worked perfectly again.... Maybe its having it's period? But I could finish the stitching on the crinkle toys. I hope they give it a good cleaning back at the shop so I can sew without worrying about it eating my fabric!




2 comments:

Annemiek said...

ach, gewoon ongesteld dus en wat vaker je naald vervangen! Unbelievable dat je dat nog nooit hebt gedaan :)
Ben wel blij dat ie t weer gewoon deed hoor!

Myra said...

I've never heard of such an item... interesting...
Sorry to hear you had a bit of machine trouble! Hopefully it will get sorted in good time...