Monday, September 12, 2011

Busy weekend

I've had a busy weekend! Saturday my mom and I went to the annual exhibition organized by our quilter's guild. And it was in my hometown, Leiden! We've only just come back from Birmingham and we both thought we would be disappointed because it wasn't as huge as the festival of quilts. It was held in the Pieterskerk, an old church that doesn't function as a church anymore, that is a very nice building to walk around in with old tombstones and statues and such. We saw some beautiful quilts and looked around by the shops! Check my moms blog for pictures, she will post them later this week.

Then on sunday I had work to do! My mom and sister have booked a booth in a some sort of an arts and crafts market. So in a couple of weeks they have to have some goods to sell at this market! My sister is going to sell cupcakes and my mother and I are busy sewing some little things. Baby toys are my department so I made this:



It isn't a very good picture because it's already dark outside... But it in reality the color are very bright and happy! I hope the people will like it!

Then there was one other thing I have started this weekend. I bought a journal. No ordinary journal... It is a little book called "wreck this journal" and that's exactly what you'll have to do with it. In every page are some instructions about what to do with it, drawing, cutting, poking holes even taking it with you in the shower. I followed some instructions already including the 'sew this page' page.



If your curious, I started a weblog to document how the journal is doing: awreckedjournal.bloodspot.com , you find the link on the right!

2 comments:

Annemiek said...

Ziet er goed uit! Mijn naaimachientje werkt bijna nonstop. Die is eind van de maand enorm aan een servicebeurt toe! Weet niet hoe t met je jouwe is, anders neem ik ze alletwee wel mee :)

Myra said...

Wonderful baby blocks! Good luck getting all your goodies stitched up in good time for the craft market! 8-)