Thursday, August 04, 2011

Mail!

Last week I was too tired to do anything in my spare time. I had to work from 7 am till 4 pm in Delft at the construction site for the new underground railway tunnel. They are digging in the ground so the archaeologists had to be there! It is a very cool project, very big and archaeological interesting because the tunnel follows the medieval town wall. But my alarm clock rang at 5.15 am every day so when I finally got home at the end of the day I was too tired to even catch up on my blogreading.
And I almost forgot I ordered some fabric from the USA! so it was a bit of a surprise when the mailman brought me a package. I need a project to take with me when we go on holiday and why not start something new? I found some beautiful fabric online, Dena Fishbeins Kumari Garden! I ordered everything available....



The one on top is my favorite! I like it so much I think I'm going to order some more because I don't want it to be gone when I finish this project...
I found a picture online of a beautiful quilt and loosely based the design on this one. Now I have to cut everything so it is ready to sew when I'm on my holiday! I might even take some blocks with me on the airplane, we have a very long flight...

3 comments:

Crispy said...

Ooooo pretty fabrics!! Where are you going on holiday?

Crispy

Annemiek said...

Als je beter uitgerust bent, graag een foto van t patroon! haha!
Ziet er erg mooi uit; ik kom ze graag even aaien..

Teryn said...

Lotte,
I just found your blog about your life as a quilter!!!

I just wanted to comment and say that i am sooo glad that i am not the only one in the world who sticks mainly to HANDSEWING EVERYTHING!!!
I have only been quilting for about 5 months and i have already completed one quilt (45inches x 60inches) and and almost half way done with my second quilt (65inches x 80inches). If you have any tips or comments please stop by my brand new blog.

www.yeahiquilt.blogspot.com

Teryn