Friday, July 01, 2011

Show and tell

In my previous post I promised some pictures of a finished project so here it comes...! This winter I made a baby quilt for my sister in law. Last time I made a baby quilt I found the fabric line 'creatures and critters' by Amy Schimler and got all the different fabrics with animals. Because I made that one with nice pictures of animals for the child to look at I had the idea in my head that I had to find another set of nice matching (animal) picture fabric. Problem was I couldn't find anything that I really liked. So I went to 'De Quilterij' determined to come home with fabric for the quilt!
I didn't know if it was going to be a boy or girl so I got a very cute owl fabric with blue and pink and some lime and purple fabric that went well with the owls. My SIL really likes lime and purple so I figured I could not go wrong with that!





But as it turns out I don't have any pictures of the finished quilt! I do have one of the finished top and the quilt gift wrapped... The very afternoon I was making the labels for the quilt I got a call that the baby was born! So I had to hurry... sewed the label on, gift wrapped the quilt with the custom made squeaky toy and we went off to the hospital! This picture was made in the evening so the colors aren't as bright as they are in daylight but it's all I got. I'll make new/better pictures next time I'll visit them.... :-)





Tomorrow I'm going to catch up on my blogreading to see what everybody else has been up to this week. And this weekend is going to be creative though it doesn't involve sewing and fabric but porcelain, glue and a brush...! Curious? ;-)


3 comments:

Crispy said...

What a pretty quilt for the baby!! I can see a baby lying on it's tummy holding it's head up and looking at those cute owls. Kudos on getting it done right on time :0)

Crispy

Myra said...

What a great baby quilt Lotte! Such fun bright fabrics!!! I love it!! Nice job! 8-)

Mama Spark said...

Really sweet! I love owls don't you??