Monday, July 18, 2011

Quilt Journal

I have been so busy! Till the end of august all of my weekends are fully booked, all fun things and mini breaks and the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham for example.... and during the week I'm now working full time, my regular 2 working days and the rest of the week I'm working on my thesis to finally graduate next year.






But tonight I have a free evening and have started a quilt journal. I had seen other quilters keep a journal about every quilt the made and I liked the idea. Now I have already made 3 quilts which I gave away and I do not want to forget about them! I have written down 2 quilts tonight. My first and second one. The first called 'Bootjes' and is 17x17 centimeter. The second one is my first big quilt, a sampler of 156x226 centimeter, which I started in 2005 and finished in 2007 because I set myself a deadline by entering the European Quilt Championships exhibition.
I'm writing down some basic information about the quilt on the right and am going put in some pieces of fabric I used (if there is any left and I can find it ;-) ). On the left I'll put a photo of the finished project. So tomorrow evening I'll have to look up some pictures and search for little pieces of fabric and I'll show you what my journal is going to look like!
Maybe some of you are keeping a quilt journal yourself, if there is something I shouldn't forget to document in this journal or other tips and tricks... all suggestions are welcome :-)


4 comments:

Corrine said...

Leuk om te doen zo een jounal maken. Breng je hem eens mee als je weer eens bij je mama/papa bent...

Crispy said...

I have taken pictures of probably 80% of my quilts....didn't think of it when I first started LOL. I will love to see what you do in your journal. I don't know if you have been to Teresa's blog but she does wonderful things in her journals. Here's a link: http://fabrictherapy.blogspot.com/search/label/quilt%20scrapbook

Crispy

Annemiek said...

Leuk! Mijn probleem is om het vol te houden. Ik ben blijven hangen met een half affe quilt van Pim....Heb dus nog wat in te halen!

Corrine said...

Ik heb een hele mooie zelfgemaakte journal gekregen...nu er nog iets in....