Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finished top!

This weekend in between all the visits to my dad and my father in law I finished the log cabin top. I went through my mums stash to find some fabric for the sashings. And this is it, polka dots for the sashings but still mostly a black fabric so the blocks pop out!



I haven't had the time to start on the quilting yet. And yes, I should finish my disappearing nine patch blended first. I have that one almost done but then the wheater became to hot to quilt. Since it has been raining for a week now it is quilting time again! But as soon as I have the blended finished this one is ready to go!

5 comments:

Myra said...

Very eye catching Lotte! Looking good! Love the polka dots, especially that it came from your mother's stash!!! lol! 8-)

Mama Spark said...

This came out very well!! Great job!!!

Corrine said...

Ziet er goed uit! Goede keuze met de achtergrond.

Crispy said...

Excellent choice for the border/sashing fabric Lotte!! Your mom certainly is generous with her stash LOL.

Crispy

Annemiek said...

Ziet er superleuk uit. Goed idee om nu weer aan t quilten te gaan; dan kan ik ff een inhaalslag maken met de HSH :)én ik moet gauw shoppen voor een nieuwe zwart/witte stip!