Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not quilting, but crafting

Today I have been busy in my quiltroom but not with fabric or thread. Here is a picture of the quiltroom (finally) when my mum and I were quilting in it. The other picture shows you what I have been doing today. I do not know the english word for this thing but we call it an 'etagère'. I saw this at a friends house and I really liked the idea of making one which plates and cups etc. So I went out to buy some nice and cheap plates, cups and bowls to make my own.. because there was a lot on sale and I got carried away I ended up with a whole bag full of tableware and made three. Two black and red and one red, white and blue which I'll give to my mum. Then my sister, who loves to make muffins and cupcakes, has a nice display for all her bakings. The other two I am going to use next weekend when we are having a housewarmingparty. I just hope I have used the right glue and they won't fall apart... haha

I have been busy quilting though.. I made a list of all my current UFO's and all my finished projects. Not a very good result, but I have finished two projects so far and a third one is almost done. I will tell you more about this when I have been properly connected to the internet, hopefully next week, and uploading a picture doesn't take hours :P

6 comments:

Annemiek said...

Echt hartstikke leuk!!ik kom de mijne tzt wel ophalen :p

dianne said...

lovely! i saw something like these in Kim's blog around Easter time and she had a link to the BH&G site that explains what kind of glue to use (by the way, they called them tiered serving trays but i think they look more like tiered serving plates) ... the link is www.bhg.com/holidays/easter/crafts/easter-sweets-tiered-tray/ ... yours are much cuter than BH&G's!!!

Cybele's patch said...

Wat heb je een schitterende ruime quiltkamer! Leuk, die etageres. Super idee.

Tineke said...

Hi Lotte,

Wat een leuke etagère heb je gemaakt! Ik zal die van mij ook een keer fotograferen dan kun je zien dat ze best op elkaar lijken. Leuk werkje om te doen vind je niet? Groetjes en een fijn weekend!

limpingalong said...

I'm not sure there is a real English name for these, but the serving trays/serving plates name, suggested by Dianne, works. They are really cute and I think they will look lovely during your housewarming. What will you serve on them?

ranette said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!