Friday, June 12, 2009

a new home!

Yes, we are moving to a bigger and better apartment! I was a bit nervous about it before we signed the lease but now I am very excited. But you have to think about so much now we are moving to an actual apartment. For the first time ever we have to contact a powercompany and a water distribution company and all that. I was just looking online for the prices and different contracts and I just don't know where to start.
This new home did not come at the best time because with everything we have to arrange for the new apartment bf had to arrange the bachelor party for his best friend (who is marrying bf's sister) and I was invited for the bachelorparty of this sister. This weekend we have a wedding party next weekend a 'real' wedding and the weekend after that it is bf's birthday. My boyfriend is the best man at the wedding and also working his ass off on a project that was supposed to take 10 days but is now prolonged and he was already a bit stressed out about all this and now there is a new house to think about on top of it!
Luckily I have the nicest parents, my mum came over wednesday when we got the keys to the apartment to check it out and make pictures of the floor and electricity and drainage pipes for my dad and they are coming tomorrow and staying in our new house for the weekend to hang some of the walls with new wallpaper and paint everything while we are at a wedding party... :) Yesterday we bought wallpaper and paint, white and a blue/turquoise color for the kitchen and bedroom that is called 'sea' (there was another turquoisecolor which was called 'satisfaction' but unfortunatly it was twice as expensive, I would have rather had satisfaction on my walls than sea, wouldn't you?).
The positive side of the fact that my boyfriend is stressed out and is leaving me sort of in charge of the new apartment is that I can create a quiltroom if I want to... haha... and maybe a little corner somewhere for his computer and guitars. As soon as things are a bit more relaxed I'll show you some pictures of our new home and my quiltroom ;-)

4 comments:

Sonny said...

Have you checked out NoPayTenants.com?

Here's the link http://nopaytenants.com/

Annemiek said...

Ik hou ook van jou..:)

Cybele's patch said...

Lotte, gefeliciteerd met jullie eerste echte woning. Best spannend he. Zorg maar dat je meteen je naaispullen in het bedoelde kamertje dropt en je terrein afbakent ;-) Goh, en wat kun jij goed delegeren zeg!

Myra said...

Congrats Lotte! More room for your sewing/quilting adventures! 8-)