Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Pictures!

Pictures! I quickly made these photo's before going to school today.. This is the cowpattern I needed the inch ruler for. I had cut everything and started putting the cows together yesterdayevening and I need a bigger worktable! Because it was advised to cut everything beforehand and pile all the pieces up to keep you from mixing up different 'cowfabrics' my whole worktable was covered with pieces of cow. I had to put the iron on the sideboard and it became a sort of organised chaos. Luckily my bf wasn't home, haha. He is working at the other end of the country this week and staying in a hotel there, but he called yesterday to tell me he is coming home today instead of friday! :-D

I also have a picture of the aboriginal fabrics I bought this weekend. Top left are the fabrics I bought, and below left are the original fabrics I got from my bf and his parents from Australia. Below on the right are fabrics which are inspired by the original fabrics and top right are just nice fabrics that go well with everything else. The fabrics I bought have very different colors than I already had which is good because I was afraid it was going to be a very red/pink and lightbrown/orange quilt. I still haven't made a decision about the design of the quilt and I think it is best to leave this project in the cupboard for a while because I have just started this cow-wallhanging!

5 comments:

Jantine said...

I love your cows and it sounds like you had your chaos under control! Ohh, those Australian fabrics are to dye for! It looks like a lot of nice colors all together. I have seen lovely quilts with Aussie fabrics, I could email you a picture of the pattern or a link to the web log of someone who made one if you are interested!

mamaspark said...

These cows are fantastic!!

Annemiek said...

Wel ff opruimen voor P weer thuis is; anders schrikt ie wel heel erg.. Leuke koeien en goed gevonden afwisseling rood/ zwart

Cybele's patch said...

Leuke koeien zeg! Nog geen commentaar van BF gehad op de chaos?

Myra said...

Your cows look great Lotte, and your fabrics are wonderful!

A lady at our retreat 2 weeks ago was working with fabrics she brought home from Australia... they are so unique, like yours. 8-)

Hope you found yourself another surface to spread out...

Happy stitchings!