Monday, May 04, 2009

European Quilt Championship

This weekend we went to the european quilt championship. We, Corrine, my mum and me, were really looking forward to this event because it has been a long time since we went on a 'quiltingtrip'. There were some nice quilts on display but also a lot which aren't really 'my cup of tea'. The display of the quilts wasn't so good either, they usually have every quilt on a different wooden board set up through a big hall but this time all the shops were in the middle of the hall and on the walls of the big hall were the quilts. There were also 2 or 3 quilts hanging above each other with poor lighting and sometimes we could not even read the badge if they had won a prize!! We spent all day there anyhow ;-) This exhibition is in a big hotel/conference center surrounded by woods. They have a nice terrace where we had some coffee and applepie in the sun and we had a fun day.
I bought some fabrics of course and one fabric I bought proves there was poor lighting in the hall. It has green and orange leaves on it and I thought this might go with my aboriginal quilt fabrics. When I came home I saw it has lots of golden dots! And I don't like fabrics with gold in it... :-( Luckily that wasn't the only thing I bought. I found some real aboriginal fabrics and I got one black and white and one red and white fabric I intend to use for a little cow quilt. I wanted to post a picture of those but I forgot to make one so I will put those on later.

When I wanted to start on this cowquilt yesterday I forgot that the instructions are in inches and I don't have an inch ruler! So I called my mum and while we were talking about how to fix this my dad was already trying to fit my mums inch rulers on his motorcycle and he brought them to me! Now I can make these cows! :-D

And I see I have another new follower, oh my god, Im popular, haha... I tried to take a look at her blog but I got distracted by the 'Which Jane Austen heroine are you?' quiz... of course I would like to be Elizabeth Bennet but I am apparently more like Marianne Dashwood which isn't bad either.. a fling with Willoughby and to end up with Colonel Brandon :D Look in my side bar for the link to the quiz!!

1 comment:

Cybele's patch said...

Wat heb je toch een lieve vader dat hij je zomaar even de linealen brengt. Maar waarschijnlijk had hij ook wel zin in een rit op zijn motor ;-)
Bn heel beneiuwd wat je in Veldhoven hebt gekocht. Je mams had er flink in gehakt zag ik.