Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Goodmorning!

It is a lovely sunny morning again here. I love this time of year when you can just pick up your bag and go somewhere without a coat or loads of suncream! I miss having a balcony now, there is a 'garden' at my new house but then I have to take a chair outside along with a drink, my keys and a book or quiltproject but if I wanted to quilt I need some sort of table to put my pincushion, needles, thread and everything else on... In my old house we had a balcony with some old fauteuils and a balcony table! Perfect! But I might move again soon, or we might move again soon because bf and I are going to look at an apartment tomorrow. Very exciting!

I haven't quilted much with Easter. Watched Jesus Christ Superstar just like my mom and of course I sang all the songs along way to loud too (bf played a pc game and put on a headphone) while painting some eastereggs. I think no one is to old to paint eggs with Easter and they looked very nice on the breakfast table I made in the morning. The only thing my bf didn't understand was that I cooked two more eggs, he wanted to eat my easter eggs! They were way to pretty of course and are still on display in the kitchen!! :-D

We also went to the Keukenhof (http://www.keukenhof.nl/) and were not the only ones with that bright idea... lots of Germans and French people and very few Dutch :-P We heard on the news that we were among 50.000 other visitors but it was really nice. It is just a huge garden with flowers everywhere. I bought some tulips for my mom because these are her favorite flowers and we came across 3 bromelias which were grown by bf's uncle!


p.s. de tulp op het plaatje is dus jouw tulp mam :P een parkiet tulp...

4 comments:

Annemiek said...

Ik zal de naam vergeten. "parkiet"is enigszins traumatisch. Ik vind de tulpen echt práchtig! Hopelijk komen ze volgend voorjaar weer goed op in de tuin! Tot zondag!

Corrine said...

binnenkort verhuizen...??? ben benieuwd hoor. We moeten echt bij kletsen!

Marydon said...

This is the loveliest time of year in Holland. We have come back to our ancestors land many time & we love the people, the country, the sights, the sounds ...

Gorgeous pic ... I love them.

Come join my blog ~ Feedsack Fantasy
@ blushingroseboutique.blogspot.com

Have a wonderful weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon
www.feedsack.biz

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hi Lotte! Happy Spring to you too!

Love the pic of the tulip, my favourite flower! Take a look at my latest blog post and you'll understand!

The satelite pic of the park is so cool, and you inline skate the path that's in red? Awesome! Keep up the good work!