Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just another week...

Luckily no underlined text in this post.. I heard other bloggers were having the same problem so it wasn't something I had done... :)
Not much quilting going on this week, Im a bit stressed because I have 2 exams at the end of this week and I have to study hard of course. I also have a 'safety-meeting' from the archaeological employment agency I work for, which is obligatory and it is tomorrow evening. I am curious about what it will be but we'll see.. And at the end of this week there is an annual archaeological lecture and my friend wants me to go to with him and signed me up for it, busy week! But, after the lecture everyone is always going for a drink so that will be fun and saturday will be too because I am going home for the birthday of my brother!

So although my sewingmachine is still on the table I haven't done anything with my 'blended quilt' this week.. thought about it a lot though ;-) What I've also been thinking about is the 39 yards of fabric mama spark bought a week ago! :-D Fabric here is so much more expensive then it is in the USA, I would have to be rich to buy 39 yards.. But I think if it was the same price here I would buy yards and yards too, then I still had to be very rich because I have to have a house with an extra large storageroom for all my fabrics ánd a sewingroom too of course!!!

And what I haven't told you yet.. the babyquilt is in Australia and they really liked it. Bf's dad filmed them as they opened my present and it was kind of weird watching 'my' quilt being there. And as they were looking at my quiltstichtes very carefully I thoughtsomething like: 'Oh no, not all those stitches are as neatly as I wanted them to be.' and they said something like: 'I can't believe she did this by hand, the stitches are so regular and nicely done!'
I think it is really funny that when you make something for another person you see all the flaws and they just love it! I've never made a quilt for someone else but this was a succes! :-D

3 comments:

Cybele's patch said...

Wat heb je toch een druk leven. En leuk dat dat je schoonpa de ontvangst van het quiltje heeft gefilmd en dat je de reacties live hebt gehoord. Een hele geruststelling dus!

MYRA said...

You are a busy gal!
Just out of curiosity, How much does it cost to buy a good quality meter of cotton?
Good luck with your exams!

mamaspark said...

Now I am so embarassed! Did you see how little it really is? I am definately NOT rich!! Nor do I have a big house or a sewing room. I sew in the middle of the living room and my mess is the first thing you see when you walk into the house.