Friday, March 13, 2009

Busy week!



I have been so busy this week! Working, studying and of course designing my australiaquilt... :-P I googled some pictures of Aboriginal art and 'aboriginal-quilts', which are mainly quilts made with these Australia/aboriginal fabrics. Aboriginal art consists of lots of dots usually and they draw lots of geometric forms and lines. I also found a quiltpattern that is very simple and I think very nice to make a quilt that, if you play with the blocks, appears to have some sort of geometric forms and lots of lines.
I searched and found my cd of EQ again and tried to draw the block and assemble the quilt but that didn't go as smoothly as it was supposed to go because I didn't remember the exact layout of it.. Because I don't have internet at home I could not google it again and because the blocks are so very simple it really frustrated me.
But, I just printed out the picture so I can try again when I get home. I do have to calculate if I have enough fabric for a bedsize quilt. If not I have some shopping to do! :D

The first picture is the quilt design I will use and the last two are Aboriginal art. I'll post a picture of my EQ design after the weekend.

This weekend is going to be very busy too! I am going to Maaseik, Belgium with a friend, bf, mom and sister. There is an exhibition of The Terracotta Army of Xi’an. This army was found in the tomb of Emperor Qin Shihuangdi and consists of thousands of unique pieces of foot soldiers, cavalrymen with horses, archers and charioteers. These statues (a few of them) being in Belgium right now is exceptionally because these artifacts are rarely allowed to travel. It is not the same as visiting the tomb where these statues still remain exactly as they were found by archaeologists but at least we can see something of it!
P.S. OMG! I have another follower! Hurrah! :-D

3 comments:

Annemiek said...

Heel goed plan! Als je het op een USB stick zet, print ik het wel voor je uit!

mamaspark said...

Lotte, I like your idea for an Australian quilt. Need any fabric? I seem to have a lot hanging around, LOL!!! You should email me or have your mom send my latest email to you.

MYRA said...

Interesting Aboriginal art, and I love the design of the quilt you will be making. Can't wait to see some of your work on it! 8-)
Happy stitchings!