Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Carnival!

This weekend I am going home for carnival! Where I live now they don't do carnival actually.. It is something which is celebrated in the south of country and all the people here don't really like it BUT my bf has to come with me this year. He has to experience the whole carnival thing at least one time :-D He is going to wear a jalabba, he bought one as a souvenir when he went to Syria years ago and he has worn it to every costume party since. I usually go as a witch, my mom and I have perfected our witch costume over the years but I thought it was time for something else.

To match my bf I thought I buy a haremcostume but because they don't do carnival up here the only costume you can buy is a pirate or princess costume for children! That really frustrated me because I know of 2 very large stores where you can buy any costume you want in the area where my parents live. So I found a pattern of harempants on the internet and yesterdayevening I cut an old cloth and tried if I could make one, before I bought nice fabric and ruin it..(Frustration number 2, there are no fabric stores in this city!!!). That actually turned out quite well.. But I don't have my sewingmachine here yet :(

So, right now my mom is on her way to one of these big stores to see if they have a costume which makes me look like Jasmine from Aladdin and if not, I am going to buy myself some nice fabric on the market and make my own! Maybe Ill try that anyway because it only cost 2 euro a metre... Who would've thought I would make my own pants!! :-D

1 comment:

Corrine said...

Ik ben heel benieuwd zaterdag!!!:)