Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finished!



I finished my little Christmasquilt! That is without the binding because my bf does not allow a sewingmachine in his house.. just wait till we live together, muhahaha :-D I called my mum to say how very annoying it was that I could not really finish the quilt and then she called me back to say it was even more annoying that bf does not have acces to internet either so I could let you all know that the quilt is finished and blaming bf for the lack of a binding. But I see that my mum made you all aware of my troubles on her own blog so I will post a picture of my Christmasquilt and pimped up tree. And a picture of our real Christmastree! I wanted Christmascookies in our tree and my mum bought them for me but I already ate most of them of course... The only addition bf made to the tree was hanging the self painted 'christmasball' his little niece, who lives in Australia, made for him last year and was sent to him up in the tree.. sweet!

I also started on another PHD yesterday. I started this little quilt I think almost 2 and a half years ago when the rest of the family went on a motorcyclevacation. I bought the pattern and only used the paperpieced bits of it because I did not like the original borders etc. I liked it so much because it reminded me of a spot in Leiden with a windmill and a little brigde exactly like in the quiltpattern. I have quilted all the paperpiece elements of the quilt and I am now working on the windmill, then all I have to do is quilt something simple in the 'borders' and I can call my mum to cut me another binding for when I come home with Christmas!


6 comments:

MYRA said...

All trees looking good! Your windmill and bridge look great too. I've seen that pattern somewhere, but can't recall exactly where...
Have a joyous Christmas! 8-)

Annemiek said...

Ik heb de wintersterren binding 4x opnieuw moeten doen, dus ik verheug me nu al op je klusjes..
Maar: goed gedaan, je gaat als een speer!

Quilting Mai said...

Kerstquilt ziet er mooi uit. Maar de quilt met molen, zeilbootjes en tulpen vind ik enig.

Cybele's patch said...

Je gaat lekker zo! Voor het eind van het jaar twee quiltjes af! Het molenquiltje ligt hier ook nog ergens te wachten, maar de chaos in mijn naaikamer belet me enigszins in het terugvinden van wat dan ook :-(

Faith said...

I love the colours of the Christmas tree, so bright and cheery.

Karen said...

Wonderful Christmas quilt.