Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmastree, -party, -quilt...

This weekend we went on a search for a Christmastree. I always want a tree in the house, it makes everything very christmassy :-P, and because I cannot have one in my 10m2 studentroom I want one at my boyfriends house... Last year we got it from my parents and bf really liked it as well. So, this weekend we tried to find the perfect Christmastree. And it was a long search... First we went to Ikea, to buy the red Christmas decorations I wanted in the tree this year, something my bf doesn't really understand ('don't you like those decorations any more?' Of course I do, I just want something else this time!) Last year we had silver and green so it looked like a Christmastree which could easily be a Christmastree from the Slytherin common room from the Harry Potter books and this year I want a kind of a 'Griffindorlook' to balance things out :-P. They also sold trees at Ikea but they were not very nice and very expensive, then we went to a local store who had advertised with cheap trees but they were sold out and then finally we went to a garden-centre. The trees they had were little and overpriced or huge and even more beyond our budget and I could not understand all those people buying a 'half naked' tree! But of course I did not give up and finally we found the cheap ones, who I like best anyways, and now we have a beautiful Christmastree in the house! I really like it when you get out of bed in the morning and it is cold and dark outside, then you put on the lights of the Christmastree and everything is instantly nice and cosy.. And the old Christmascrib (kerststal) of my grandparents finishes it. All I need now is a Christmasquilt.

I still have no finished Christmasquilt.. I started the paperpiecing quilt my mum has finished this week (the one with all the stars) a few years ago in a time when I didn't use sewing machine and of course did not finish it. Then last year I wanted to make a christmasquilt and made one with scraps from my mums in an afternoon,(http://carpe-quiltem.blogspot.com/2007/12/pimping-tree.html), the one on the picture. I already made one real christmas tree with decorations etc but I still have to quilt one border. I am going to do that this week! So when it is christmas I can show you a picture of it hanging in the livingroom... :-D

And check this out... http://a.muglets.com/1UL7G-A

3 comments:

Annemiek said...

Dan heb je nog maar een goeie week om de kerstquilt af te maken! Hup Lotte hup!!

Cybele's patch said...

Met zo'n motiverende moeder moet het toch wel lukken ;-) En anders doe je net als ik. Heb hem gewoon over de quiltring gehangen in de woonkamer. Geen mens die in de gaten heeft dat hij niet af is. Niet quiltende visite denkt waarschijnlijk dat de uitpuilende vulling sneeuw voorstelt.

MYRA said...

Hi Lotte!
Are you talking about buying a real tree, or an artificial one? Whichever, good you found one for your budget.
Great little paper-pieced tree project! Looks good! 8-)