Sunday, October 26, 2008

Quiltfair

Yesterday we, Corrine, my mum and I, went to a quiltfair, or actually a craftfair.. There used to be a very big annual quiltfair but last year they quit organising this event. In search of a replacement we went to the craftfair in Rotterdam.
I expected lots of non-quilt booths but it was the other way around, just a few knitting and embroideryshops were present. Our goal was to find some feathers, gold band etc to decorate our Sinterklaasquilt. Of course we ended up with a bag full of other things :D

I bought coloured feathers and two tassels for the Sinterklaasquilt, two tins with a 'buttonprint' ánd a Debby Mumm cow pattern! Very simple cows and I think I am going to make them with all kinds of black and white fabrics and since my mum has loads of black and whites...

I also bought a new thimble, I deserved that after working so hard on the babyquilt. Thimbles always wear out very quickly on the inside, then they get all black and yukky. In order to prevent that from happening too soon I am going to use transparent nailpolish on the inside as a little quilting experiment :-P

2 comments:

Annemiek said...

"my mum has loads of black and whites"??????? Tsk!

MYRA said...

LOL! Laughing at your mom's comment!!! 8-)
Nice buys you have there! More cows too! 8-)
I look forward to seeing your "dressed up" Sinterklaasquilt, and the completed baby quilt...