Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh no!

What a week already.. It is the beginning of the second half of the first semester and I litterally have to work three times harder! Very little time to quilt this six weeks, loads of work already and the first week is not yet over, very rainy stormy autumn wheater and it has (finally) happened... my all stars gave up! I had been walking around all week with a wet sock most of the time and I could not figure out why it got wet! Well, I just found out my shoe has a big hole in it's sole... Oh no! And I cannot really afford to buy myself another pair right now but if I have finished all my essays and passed all the exams etc by Christmas I can reward myself by buying myself a nice christmaspresent, new shoes!!
Although I have to do a lot of work for school, I am taking some interesting courses. I especially like one because when I was a little girl at primary school I wrote to the teacher! I had to interview someone whose job you would want. I always wanted to be an archaeologist so I found one and wrote him a long letter with all kinds of questions about being an archaeologist and send it to the Faculty of Archaeology, which sounded very official to me at the time. This man, who is now my teacher, wrote a very elaborate nice letter back to me (this was before email existed, haha) which I still have I think. This whole thing made an impact on me and it was decided that I would go to Leiden University, Faculty of Archaeology. Now I am here, and I think I am going to search for this letter when I am at home this weekend and show it to him...

3 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

love your story about the teacher! Hope you find the letter to show him. Good luck with your studies this semester! If you need to take a quick break you could do a bit of quilting or blog-surfing....

MYRA said...

How sad for you about your all stars... Struggling student, and breaking in new footwear... not good!
That is a great story of your childhood interaction with this teacher that you now have... I love watching documentaries about anything to do with Archeology... Fascinating!

Cybele's patch said...

Leuk om te lezen wat/wie de aanzet tot je studie is geweest en helemaal leuk dat je college bij hem loopt.
(en wat je schoenen betreft: heb je je mams al eens zielig aangekeken? Dat helpt soms bij kapotte schoenen ;-) )