Monday, September 01, 2008

School has begun!

After being a part of the archaeological fieldteam in Delft for four months, it is time to return university, and it is not going to be the same as the previous years... My best friend is (finally :P) going to graduate and my little sister has moved to Leiden and is now living 30 metres from my studentdorm and studying archaeology too!!
Fortunatly I don't have classes until wednesday so today I had time to clear away the mess in my room, check my timetable, order some books to be ready for the first semester.

While I was waiting for my sister to pick up some books she needs I decided to start myself a new (quilt)blog..
I also worked in Delft last summer and enjoyed it so much I made a miniquilt about the dig. I am now almost finishing my second archaeological miniquilt about this years excavation. But I participated in two excavations this year and since everyone is expecting a miniquilt for each dig I still have to design the second... the thing is I ran out of the fabric which represents the soil with the different geological/archaeological layers. As soon as I finish my miniquilt and have an idea for the next I'll let you know!!

6 comments:

MYRA said...

How exciting to be a part of an archaeological field-team. I so enjoy documentaries on the TV with anything to do with the subject... 8-)
You mini-quilt looks lovely! You had a good teacher! 8-)
Enjoy your first day back at school!

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Okay, now you have chosen a very exciting career! Making a find must be thrilling! What a cool idea to make quilts representing the digs. Very cute!

Cybele's patch/Jos said...

Leuk dat je weer terug bent Lotte. Ben benieuwd naar je nieuwe quiltavonturen. En, mijn enige quiltende familielid, mijn nichtje, is ook archeologe, nog wel bij de provincie Brabant. Veel succes met je studie, quilts, blog etc. (druk leven!)

zoofan said...

Wow, I love your quilt. It's so interesting when quilters combine the career interests with the quilting medium. Thanks for sharing :)

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Welcome in blogland! That is a lovely little quilt.

mamaspark said...

Welcome back! Hope to hear from you more frequently!