Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Babyquilt


I am going to make a babyquilt! My boyfriend's sister is pregnant and she apparantly said that it would be nice if I could make a little quilt... And I thought, why not?!
I love to start new projects, my mum always says I have to finish a project first... but, she has had a quilt lying on her bed for 11 years UNFINISHED :-D But, this babyquilt is a very good reason to start a new thing because it has to be finished soon of course.

I found one really cute piece of fabric at the stores at the exhibition a week and a half ago and the day after I ordered almost the rest of the whole collection of that particular fabric on the internet. Yesterday I got a email from my mum that they arrived at my parents house! Yaay! Now I have to find a nice design for the quilt so I wont have to cut all the animals on the fabric in half... any ideas?
Another problem I hadn't thought of is how am I going to give the quilt to her because she lives in Australia.. :-P Maybe I have to save up for a very expensive ticket to fly to the other end of the world and go for a long holiday down under.. I can't send, can I? What if anything goes wrong and my quilt is lost between 2 continents!!!

4 comments:

Cybele's patch said...

Mooie stofjes Lotte. Ik hou wel van vrolijke kinderstofjes. Misschien is een square in a square een idee. Ik zal een quiltje in de side van mijn blog zetten dat ik begin dit jaar heb gemaakt en een zelfde patroon van een paar jaar geleden. A.s. dinsdag zien we vrienden uit Australia, maar die vertrekken helaas vandaag over een week weer anders had ik gevraagd etc...

Cybele's patch said...

Foto's zijn helaas niet erg duidelijk, maar het geeft je een idee.

Annemiek said...

Pfffffff! The queen of UFO's herself is talking...!
Die quilt lag maar 10 jaar en hij is nu wel lekker af!

MYRA said...

I read about your start to this quilt on your Ma's blog... What a nice Auntie you will be, making a quilt for the baby... 8-)
You could look into having the quilt be delivered by courier... Or maybe the new child's grandma may go there to see it? She could bring it with her! 8-)
Happy stitchings!