Friday, September 05, 2008

Australia

Today my mum and I went to the Dutch Quiltersguild exhibition. Lots of beautiful quilts including two that were made with Australian aboriginal art fabrics!
Last year my boyfriend took part in a group study exchange project, went on a trip to Australia and bought me two aboriginal patchwork fabrics. Since then I have been collecting fabrics to make an Australia-quilt, since the real aboriginal fabrics are not for sale in the Netherlands I collected fabrics with sorto f the same colors, patterns etc. A week ago I was the only one to receive a souvenir, 3 aboriginal fabrics (!!), from my 'parents-in-law' who came back from Australia visiting their daughter who lives there and today I bought 4 more on the exhibition... yaayy!! Now its time to start looking for the right design for the quilt...




p.s. Thanks for all the comments! :D

3 comments:

Cybele's patch/Jos said...

Hoi Lotte, als je nog meer stofjes nodig hebt, kijk dan eens op
http://the5oaks.web-log.nl/ennovy/for-sale.html zij heeft nog Abo lappen te koop. Ik ben benieuwd welk ptroon je ervoor gaat kiezen.
Wist je trouwens dat de "originele Australische Abo stoffen" in Amerika worden geproduceerd?

MYRA said...

Beautiful fabrics! I am interested to see how you use them... 8-)
My daughter just came home for her trip to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji. Said it is a wonderful place to visit... She brought me a T-Shirt...?...fabric would have been nice!! Maybe next time! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Margeeth said...

Mooie stofjes, Lotte. Leuk te zien dat je weer bent gaan bloggen, ik ben benieuwd hoe de quilt uiteindelijk zal worden.